Having a female best friend is one of the most rewarding experiences a guy can have. They will always let you in on the latest and greatest gossip, give you some good advice about your failed relationships and just be there for you during all times of your life. A girl who becomes your best friend is seen as a rare gem.
But getting close to a girl and having her as your girlfriend can be quite the challenge. You have to know the right things to say at the right time and be able to read signs that will show you if she's interested in going out with you or not.
This article will tackle those challenges one step at a time. It will show you how to get closer to your girl and how to let her know that you want more than just friendship.
Getting Your Best Friend's Attention
In Getting Your Best Friend's Attention, we'll discuss how to gradually involve her in activities that interest you. When you do so, you will let her know that you want to date her and that she should reciprocate your feelings. For example, if you are interested in playing a board game together, she would ask what the rules are. If you ask her out a couple of days later, she will give it some thought and decide whether or not to accept your offer. While this may seem like a small step, it can ultimately lead to her agreeing to date you.
How to Disclose Your Feelings Without Scaring Her Off
Getting intimate with your best friend can be quite a challenge if you don't do it correctly. You need to be direct but not too aggressive when telling her how you feel about her. Show her that you are confident in your feelings towards her and that you are not going to let her run away from you. The following are some tips on how you can disclose your feelings without scaring her off.
1. Be direct and honest; tell her that you would like to be in a relationship with her. Don't hold back.
2. Be confident. She will not be scared if you are confident in your feelings towards her. She'll feel comfortable around a guy who doesn't doubt his own feelings for her.
3. If she rejects you, don't get too depressed about it, and don't feel pressured to start pressuring her into going out with you. You need to let her come to terms with the fact that you would like to date her.
4. If you are persistent and she still rejects you, then it is probably a good idea for the both of you to part ways as friends.
5. Make sure you don't hurt your friendship by trying too hard or going in too strong when asking her out.
The Approach You Should Try- Dating Her As If It Was A Game Show
When you try to make your move on your best friend, you have to think about it like dating her would be a game show. You need to approach her as if you don't know the answers, as if you are a contestant on a game show that needs prizes.
1. Before asking her out, make sure she's aware of how strongly you are attracted to her. Find subtle ways of telling her that she is most likely going to say yes if she goes out with you.
2. When talking about your feelings for her, don't use too much information about you and your life in general. Instead, talk about one thing that would make her say yes if she goes out on a date with you. This can be anything from a movie she recently watched to a place where you used to take dates.
3. When asking her out, don't let her know that you have an advantage because she's your best friend. Instead, make it seem like she's going out with you to win a prize.
4. When she accepts your offer, you have to educate yourself on the game of dating. You need to know what is normal and what isn't when it comes to dating a girl. This will help you know when she's being compliant or trying to run away from you.
5. The game show approach can help you to know when she's actually open to your feelings for her.
Rejection Etiquette If She Says No
It would be wise of you to avoid being rejected by your best friend. You never know when she might decide that it's time for you to go on a break from the relationship and seek other friends. For this reason, you'll want to make sure you know how to react when she rejects you properly.
Avoid getting too angry or depressed when she decides that it's time for you to go your separate ways. Show her that you will benefit from being her best friend regardless of whether or not she goes out with you.
If she wants a break, then accept her decision and try to keep the relationship going as friends.