In 1922, a group of 25 Army officers made a promise to protect each other when no one else would. Nearly a century later, USAA represents more than 11 million members committeed to the same mission. The organization provides a suite of services for military members and their families, including: Insurance, Banking, Investing, Real Estate, Retirement Planning, Health Insurance, and Shopping Discounts. With 2016 marking the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, this year's location for the Pro Bowl has a special significance.
Since 2011, USAA has been an Official Military Appreciation Sponsor of the NFL, including their Salute to Service campaign. On January 31, 2016 they will be presenting the NFL Pro Bowl between two teams comprised of the best football players in the NFL today, and a series of events that week leading up to the game. The two teams - headed by football legends Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice - will draft their teams on Wednesday, January 27 and compete for glory with the best players in the league.
Our Twitter Party will start just before the coin toss on Sunday, Jan 31 at 7:30 pm ET, but make sure to follow @MenWhoBlog and @USAA for coverage from all the exciting events that week including:
- Pro Bowl Draft, Wednesday, Jan. 27 starting at 7 pm ET
- Pro Bowl Practice on Friday, Jan 29 starting at 2:45 pm ET
- Pro Bowl Tailgate on Sunday, Jan 31 starting at 7:15 pm ET and Game on Sunday, Jan 31 starting at 8 pm ET
Join #MenWhoBlog, along with bloggers including [WHO] and special guest hosts as we share the fun and excitement of the 2016 Pro Bowl while celebrating the men and women in the United States Armed Forces.
Sunday, Jan. 31 from 7:30 pm ET / 4:30 pm PT or till "The Game is Over".
How to Participate in the Twitter Party:
1) Monitor the official Twitter Party Hashtag, #USAAProBowlParty
2) Follow @MenWhoBlog for questions that will be presented as "Q1: Who is your favorite #ProBowl player? #USAAProBowlParty" Since this isn't your typical Twitter Party, we'll be doing a lot of back and forth conversation about the game itself too so we hope you'll join in that as well.
3) ReTweet questions and your favorite comments by others participating in the party via the #USAAProBowlParty
4) Answer questions by responding in this format making sure to include the hashtag #USAAProBowlParty, "A1: I love Aaron Rodgers! #USAAProBowlParty"
5) Make some new friends, ask questions, and most importantly - have fun!
Who knows, we might have some awesome surprises too that we can't talk about yet!
Blogger Co-Hosts and Special Guests:
Also follow these blogger co-hosts and special guests ...
@MenWhoBlog - Hosted by James Hills, USAA Member
@MrDad - Armin Brott, fomer USMC linguist, bestselling author, and USAA Member
@ManTripping - Bill Breeding, retired Navy Corpsman and USAA Member
@StacieInAtlanta - Stacie Connerty, USAA Member
@CrazyAdventures - Lisa Douglas, Army Wife and USAA Member
@FoodieFather - Jason Connerty, USAA Member
Help Us Spread the Word ...
If you are as excited as we are to watch the Pro Bowl then help us let others know by sharing this tweet: